Photo by JP Edge | Flathead Beacon, August 2021
June 18, 2022
The vertical cliffs at Little McGregor Lake varies from 12′-20′ tall with deep, refreshing water to catch climbers. This outdoor, point-based competition is open to climbers of all ability levels! There will be a lifeguard on duty and a warming tent. Competitors must be able to swim.
SATURDAY, JUNE 18 TIMELINE
CHECK-IN BEGINS: 9:00
COMPETITOR MEETING: 9:20
DEPART TO THE CLIFFS: 9:30
CLIMBING BEGINS: 10:00
CLIMBING ENDS: 3:00
YOUTH FINALS: 3:45
AWARDS AND PRIZES
– Extra climbing shoes, if you have them!
– Liquid chalk preferred. There will be chalk bucket stations.
– A towel! (Chamois work great)
– Extra layers and/or a blanket, it may be chilly this time of year
– Sandals to wear on top of the cliff. Unfortunately, broken glass is often present.
– A motorless watercraft. Viewing happens from the water. Bring a SUP, canoe, or kayak!
– An anchor for your watercraft
– Your own drinks and snacks
– Hats or umbrella (the area is very exposed with no shade).
– It could get chilly this time of year- bring extra layers
– CASH FOR RAFFLE TICKETS
This is a pack-in, pack-out event. Please help us keep it clean and practice Leave No Trace.
Parking is limited. WE STRONGLY RECOMEND CARPOOLING if you can!
This community sporting event is made possible in part by the generous sponsorship of many local organizations and business. The following have earned the special title of ROPE GUN for this event! Please patron them or otherwise show your appreciation of their commitment to fostering young climbers in the Flathead Valley.